SIKA CARBODUR y ADCOS CARBOSTRIP
Is the most effective structures for strengthening systems.
Reinforcement system based structures and bonding SIKA Adcos CFRP Laminates
The SIKA Carbodur and Adcos CARBOSTRIP is a reinforced system to the concrete, wood and steel, consisting of a laminate of high tensile bonding by means of an adhesive epoxy resin.
The SIKA Carbodur And Adcos CARBOSTRIP system consists of:
Adcos SIKADUR 300 and 300, epoxy resin adhesive for bonding the reinforcement.
Adcos Sika and CFRP formed by a polymeric matrix of reinforced epoxy carbon fiber.
EMPA Test Report nº 154490: Testing the adhesion layer in CFRP Laminates SIKA and Adcos glued to concrete.
The SIKA Carbodur and Adcos CARBOSTRIP system are particularly suitable for structural reinforcement elements:
- Reinforced concrete.
They are shown, particularly, in the case of reinforcements due to:
Increments of load:
- Increased use loads.
- Increased heavy traffic on bridges.
- Installation of heavy machinery in industrial buildings.
- Structures subjected to vibration.
- Changes in use of the structure.
Deterioration or damage to the structure:
- Aging of the materials of the structure.
- Corrosion of reinforcements with decreased useful sections.
- Impacts on the structure.
- Action of Fire.
Improved conditions of service:
- Decreased arrows and deformations.
- Armor reduction effort.
- Decrease the width of cracks.
Changing the structural scheme:
- Elimination of walls or columns.
- Opening in floors for installation of elevators, escalators.
Defects in design or construction:
- Insufficient armor.
- Defects execution.
The SIKA Carbodur and Adcos CARBOSTRIP system provides the following advantages:
- Low weight of the reinforcing material.
- Available in any length, no gaskets required.
- Small thicknesses.
- Transportable rolls, light weight and low volume.
- The SIKA and CFRP Laminates Adcos not need preparation, are ready for use.
- Easy overlapping and interweaving of laminates.
- Economical to apply, requires no equipment or heavy work.
- Very high strengths.
- High modulus of elasticity.
- Excellent resistance to fatigue.
- It can be coated without preparation.
- Resistant to alkaline attack.
- It does not corrode.